It is indeed gratifying to look back on last year's hopes for 2016 and see that FAWCO has achieved its goals.
- FAWOC adopted a new logo, tagline and updated Mission Statement.
- The third FAWCO Target Program, Education - Empowering Women and Girls through Knowledge and Skills, got off to a great start and 18 project applications were submitted.
- FAWCO and The FAWCO Foundation Symposium and FAWCO Experience were successful events that gave FAWCO and the Foundation global exposure.
- FAWCO hosted 116 delegates at the annual meeting in Frankfurt.
- Fourteen FAWCOites attended CSW60 and FAWCO co-sponsored a panel at the CSW60 NGO Forum.
- Seven FAWCO teens were hosted by AWC Dublin for the 2016 Cultural Volunteers Program.
- FAWCO was represented at OAW 2016 in Washington.
- Nearly $30,000 was raised at Foundation Night 2016 and over $8,000 at the Symposium last October.
Hopes for 2017
New Target Project: Announcement of Target 3.0 Project
New Magazine: Launch of Inspiring Women
New Direction: Preliminary report from the Strategic Planning Task Force
We will continue working on FAWCO's four areas:
Club Support, Global Issues, US Issues and Philanthropy.